“Yes, we’re going on the BIG one.”
There was no mistaking what we were referring to. Royal Caribbean’s Harmony of the Seas is the largest ship at sea. Here is a picture for comparison. It is the Harmony beside the Norwegian Breakaway. The Breakaway is also a very large and new ship; however, it is tiny compared to the massive Harmony of the Seas.
The size is necessary to fit the incredible number of activities available on this ship. There are 7 neighborhoods in total! You can go from the Boardwalk, to Central Park or to the Spa! Onward ho!
The percentage of ship activities that were kid-friendly amazed me. I have never seen so many things for kids to do in one place! There are so many that I am going to number them for you as I describe them all.
1.There is the Splashaway Bay waterpark for young kids and
2. two water slides for the older kids.
3.There are multiple pools and
4.a dance floor for rocking out.
5. Plus there is the Abyss multi-story regular slide. It has a giant anglerfish at the top with big teeth. Sliding down it was a breeze.
6. There is a carousel,
8. and a kid’s club. The kid’s club has it’s own movie theater, science lab, and art studio. It looked like a lot of fun. I took some time to wax nostalgic in the arcade by playing skee-ball. That game will never not be fun.
9. Kids can surf on the surf simulator
10. or fly across the ship on the zip line. I overcame my fear and tried both in my ungraceful way. In fact, many of the kids that tried the surf simulator put adults like me to shame. They were natural pros. Hang ten man!
11. There are ping pong tables,
12. a basketball court,
13. and Dreamworks and Pixar movies playing in the stateroom. On my sailing, I took the opportunity to watch “Finding Dory” and the new “Ghostbusters.”
14. Kids can watch the holiday parade,
15. eat pizza at the pizzeria,
16. or meet their favorite Dreamworks characters! These characters include Shrek, the Hippo from Madagascar, the Penguins from Madagascar, and Kung Fu Panda!
17. The onboard shows are phenomenal and include the well known “Grease” as well as an incredible water production in the Aqua Theater. Even though I have been a “Grease” fan for years, I liked the water show even more. The show combined high diving, slacklining, acrobats, dancers, intricate lighting and circus performers to create a show that was really unique and exciting.
18. There’s even an onboard ice skating rink,
19. a rock wall and
20. a mini golf course!
One spectacle for all, and server for adults-only, is robot bartender. Watch it mix your drinks while dancing to the music that is playing.
The spa provided a heavenly retreat for adults only. I hear that massages are lovely, and you can also get a manicure or haircut.
Last but not least, there was an adults-only escape room onboard! It was highly technical with flashing lights and clever puzzles. I highly recommend it. This was the surprise easter egg of my trip and I thought that it was fantastic.
I sampled the Voom internet while at sea and the speed allowed me to stay completely connected. However, if you would prefer an electronics break- this ship is a great place to do it. There is so much stimuli for adults and kids to experience. The Harmony of the Seas provides a truly unique and incredible vacation. Check it out!